Sustainable Local Business Award Programme
Published: 14 July 2022
As we hear more and more about climate change, the Boston Spa,
Wetherby and Villages Community Green Group is asking local businesses to make
pledge to sign up to their Sustainable Local Business Award
Programme, as part of our collective journey to attain Plastic Free Community status as
- 1star for joining the Refill scheme or food waste reduction schemes, Olio or Too Good to Go.
- 2stars for ditching single use polystyrene and plastic bags.
- 3stars for removing 3 or more single use plastics – this helps the community achieve its Plastic Free Community Status.
- 4stars for selling cold drinks in cans rather than plastic bottles and/or using reusable cups and containers (where appropriate).
- 5stars for participating in the Community Close the Loop initiative (read more below).
We hope this will boost shop footfall and sales, engage customers, save you money on waste management costs and protect where you live and love.
We’ve already recognised the following local Businesses with star awards;
Interested in starting your Plastic Free journey or you might wish to let people know that your business has already started to make changes. Contact us email@example.com. Please let us know how many stars you wish to be recognised for and why, then we’ll share these in local press, on our website, various social platforms and with our members too. Read more here https://bostongreengroup.co.uk/recycling/closing-the-loop/